- a fine reputation
- great image and branding
If you have all these and more, what is the trump card that can make or break professionalism? What one element can push your goals through the roof or, if neglected, cause unlimited delays and problems?
The trump card is Communication.
Without excellent Communication, you are on shaky ground. What is the foundation for good communication? Listening (or reading for writtten communication). Excellent listening rules include:
- Do not interrupt.
- Repeat what the person said to clarify.
- Clarify, clarify, clarify.
- Keep a group project on track with a project manager and LOTS of communication.
- Read the email/letter/document of any sort to the END.
- REPLY to all communications to let the other party know you received them. Besides adding clarity to your communication, this is a basic rule of courtesy.
Stand back and BEE amazed at the results of your efforts!